Friday 5 October 2012

The famous Aquarium of the Berlin Zoo

It is possible to visit the Aquarium separately from the Zoo. In this case you pay a reduced fee. The building itself is interesting with stained glass on the staircases and open Koi ponds. You would think that an aquarium only has fish tanks available but here they have a special collection of plants, amphibians and reptiles. We are not such fans of giant snakes but they are available on the first floor next to the interior tropical garden that houses small size crocodiles.

De Zoo van Berlijn biedt gasten de mogelijkheid het Aquarium te bezoeken los van de rest van de dierentuin. Je betaalt dan een gereduceerde prijs. Het gebouw zelf is zeer interessant met een siertrap waarlangs brandglas is verwerkt. Bij de ingang is er ook een open Kooi vijvertje. Men denkt dat een Aquarium enkel vistanks tentoonstelt maar hier in Berlijn, heeft men ook een grote collectie planten, amfibieën en reptielen. We zijn geen fans van reusachtige slangen maar ze hebben ze hier beschikbaar op hetzelfde verdiep als de tropische binnentuin, het leefterrein van kleine krokodillen.. 
 
Berlin Aquarium

Berlin Aquarium

Berlin Aquarium

Berlin Aquarium

Berlin Aquarium

Berlin Aquarium

Berlin Aquarium

Berlin Aquarium

Berlin Aquarium

Previous Berlin article: New life and the loss of Panda Bao Bao at the Zoo of Berlin

Return to main page

18 comments:

  1. i love seeing aquariums, if only we can live under water, haha, but then, am sure we would miss the life on land. beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo showing above and below in the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Filip jouw foto's in het aquarium zijn goed gelukt. Ik wens jullie en fijn weekend. Groetjes Dietmut

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sehr schöne Aufnahmen, es war sicher sehr interessant bei den bunten Fischen...
    Liebe Grüße, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool and I'm so happy to see the first photo! He's still there! I never got to actually visit here, but I have photos of my family members that have been there, actually before I was even born. I posted a few of them in one of my Sepia Saturday posts....quite a while back. I just know you both had fun there. My mother always said that America doesn't have any idea what a zoo is, but in Europe, especially Germany they do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apart logje, Filip ! Speciaal !
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could like to visit it! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for Commenting on my blog..
    I'm Your New Follower,Hoping That you Will FOLLOW me too.

    Blow A Rainbow
    Blow a Rainbow on Facebook
    Blow a Rainbow on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are those tentacles all from the same jellyfish? Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOOKS like an awesome spot, and I can tell that my grandson would love it. Anyplace with a dinosaur is his "cup of tea". Love your jelly fish! When i was in chicago last time, they had a jelly display. They are so amazing, and available in such diverse colors and shapes. Lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to visit this aquarium, it's wonderful! Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures! :)
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is a beautiful place and I just love the building as well. . I would really love to visit here. Thanks for sharing. Have a good weekend. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really beautiful place...great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful images Filip. I'm not a fan of reptiles either, but its good there are places such as these for people who are fascinated by them..

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like the aquariums - i like the stained glass windows/art as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Knap het aquarium, altijd dingen te zien die we anders toch niet kunnen zien, althans ik toch niet want kan niet snorkelen noch duiken.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember I enjoyed my visit there in 2006! In Europe also Vienna has a very good aquarium as well as the Frenhc city of Nancy...

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a cute little crocodile! Hope it doesn't get big enough to break out one day!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.